Project title: EVETE 2 - Empowerment of Vocational Education and Training by Improving the E-Learning Competencies of Teachers and Trainers.
Project No. LLP-LDV-TOI-2007-LT-0007
Contracting period: 2007-2009
EU programme: Leonardo da Vinci
Contractor: Kaunas University of Technology
Description of the project:
During the implementation of EVETE project (No. LT/05/B/F/PP-171010) T&T needs were addressed and Curriculum on T&T e-learning competences was prepared on the basis of FENTO professional competence standard. New and highly innovative methodology was created basing Learning Units on standards of competences, with the possibility to use competence assessment before the learning process and directing the end-users to select individual learning path. T&T were trained and gained e-learning competences, but they did not have possibilities to transfer their practice into their VET institutions to practically apply their knowledge and skills using EVETE tools and transferring EVETE methodology to new specific sectors that they are working with. EVETE methodology and tools were not transferred to new specific sectors yet.
EVETE 2 is addressing T&T at VET institutions, and their needs to facilitate innovative Curriculum development using ICT tools and applying highly innovative methodologies in designing new learning units for their end-users and to transfer EVETE methodology to new specific sectors. T&T who do not have or have very narrow experience in didactics and pedagogy can use already developed CA tools and Curriculum development tools and be facilitated in application of their competences and skills to meet individual needs based on huge diversity in backgrounds, strengths and weaknesses.
The project aims at providing T&T at VET organizations with understanding and competence in diversification of training based on individual expectations and abilities to manage training content in practice for new specific sectors. To achieve this, online course modules based on learning units and competence frameworks will be developed that will enable VET T&T to apply new didactical and pedagogical approach. In this way, T&T will revisit their old teaching Curriculum and will transfer new and highly innovative and qualitative methodology into their practice.
In the project, previously developed on-line tools for competence assessment and a course support package providing conditions for adaptation of learning material to national and individual learner’s needs will be transferred and valorized to new specific sectors. European partnership will ensure a broad dissemination of individualized learning culture that will assist VET T&T in facing challenges of the new learning paradigm through development of new forms of learning and teaching.
For contacts: Vilma Ruta Musankoviene
Aims and Objectives
The overall objective of this project is to provide possibilities for T&T to transfer methodology used in EVETE 1 into the areas of their practice, different sectors that they are working for, and to develop new Curriculum on the basis of competence framework and EVETE tools created for individualised learning of their end-users in new sectors. By reaching this objective, T&T will become autonomous actors in their sectors basing their teaching material on competence frameworks and creating and easily updating new Curriculum on the basis of their learners’ needs. They will also become T&T who will be able to apply their own competences and work in different levels of education institutions, and they will be trained on the basis of consistent methodology developed in previous project EVETE 1, that meets the needs of EU priorities of T&T training policies. By reaching this general objective, the project will address the priority of LLL program “to enhance the attractiveness of VET and mobility for [T&T] and to facilitate the mobility of working trainees”.
The specific objectives of the project are the following:
- To analyse and select available professional competence frameworks (PCF) in each Partner country and select competences for a specific sector. This project objective will correspond and will contribute to the EU LLL operational objective “to improve the transparency and recognition of qualifications and competences, including those acquired through non-formal and informal learning”.
- to adapt EVETE 1 methodology and tools to new sector competence framework and to develop competence assessment online tool for the new specific sectors’ end users, that would address the new sectors’ learning needs. This objective will address the need “to support participants in training and further training activities, in the acquisition and the use of knowledge, skills and qualifications to facilitate personal development, employability and participation in the European Labour Market”. The representatives of the new sector will be able to assess their competences with EVETE 2 tools and will benefit from direction in the learning paths.
- T&T working in specific sectors will use EVETE tools to develop their own Curriculum for their end-users. They will use EVETE methodology and tools, and the Curriculum will be based on new pedagogical paradigm and Learning Units. In this way, they will get trained themselves on practical basis, and their end users will benefit from high quality learning material. This will address LLL priority “to support improvements in quality and innovation in vocational education and training systems, institutions and practices”.
The following needs of a labour market are also addressed in this project:
- facilitation of lifelong VET process through innovative attitude to individualized learning
- initiation of VET accreditation seeking to ensure adequately perceived quality and professional standards
The main target group of the project is T&T in VET institutions, in labour market training centres, in regional professional training networks, in other institutions or education involved in VET. The T&T at VET institutions deliver training or act as mediators between course owners and end-users, willing to improve the quality of VET, increase learning capacity and accessibility, try to supply individual needs of their learners and evaluate learners’ competences and expectations for learning, and also do their best to be more labour market oriented. In this way the target group connects labour market needs and labour market potential that is lacking knowledge and skills to satisfy high standards in professional requirements.
The target group of the project – T&T – therefore, needs to be trained to the highest quality with a sufficient range of skills to enable them to best train their trainees. The common standards should enable greater mobility of teachers within Europe that would help spread good practice and foster a greater understanding of the differences in culture across Europe.